Why use a saddle chair?
Here are some of the advantages of using a saddle chair..
- The posture maintains the natural curve in the lower back thus reducing tensions in the back.
- It allows for better blood circulation in the body, because it is possible to sit with relatively “open” hip and knee angles.
- It is possible to move sideways easily by using your feet actively.
Moving and changing posture during the day is important!
How to use a saddle chair
Here are a few things to keep in mind when using a saddle chair..
- It is important to sit high enough, and at the same time you must place your feet firmly on the floor.
- You need to be able to adjust the height of your table to ensure the correct working posture.
- In the beginning, it may be difficult to sit on a saddle chair, because the sitting posture is very different from the posture we use when sitting on a traditional chair.
- Make sure that your feet carry some of your weight.